"If we're threatened by tension in our relationship, we get anxious whenever our partner does. The result is ...we end up trying to control both our relationship and our partner in order to get control of ourselves."
Dr. David Schnarch (2001)
I view addiction not as a disease of character, personality, spirit, or circumstance. It can happen to anyone. It is a human condition with human consequences, and being that we’re all human, we’re all vulnerable. Addicts can come from many walks of life and from any family system. It’s likely that in our lifetime, if we don’t love someone with an addiction, we will know someone who does. My mission includes being able to work deeply with struggling clients who are ready to do deep healing work.
STRUGGLES IN RELATIONSHIP?
HAVE YOU NOTICED
- a loss or LACK of intimacy in your relationship?
- a DROP in sexual desire?
- a LACK of trust and commitment in your relationship?
- feelings of guilt, fear, ANXIETY, or difficulty relaxing during sex?
LET'S DISCUSS ANY RELATIONSHIP ISSUES YOU MAY BE AWARE OF....
- experiencing intrusive or disturbing sexual thoughts and images?
- feeling emotionally distant or not present during sex?
- experiencing difficulty establishing or maintaining an intimate relationship?
Want to find out more?
LET'S CHAT ABOUT HOW I CAN HELP
- Phone: 022 152 3038
- e-mail (click button below)
- Physical address: 32 Leach St, New Plymouth, 4310
- My Counselling approach
- Fees and who I work with
- Skype Therapy